Tuesday, April 19, 2022

What does a daily art practice look like?

 I am taking a new tac with this blog. I have a daily art practice but so often it is just me and my sketchbook or me and my pastels. There are so many of us artists out there all working in solitude.  Our "good" work shows up on our instagram feed or our website but that stuff is only the tip of the iceberg.  

What if we were to share our struggle, our messy and not very linear process, our frayed journey? I guess I'll find out.

Here's today's figure drawing. They aren't great but I'm being brave! Besides getting the gesture of the pose I want to start getting comfortable with putting in the head and some indication of the face. I used to leave out heads all the time because, well, they're hard! Now I'm trying to face my fear of heads.

What's your fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment